Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

MITCH HEDBERG


This guy is PURE comedic genius. It's unfortunate that many of you do not know who he is and even more unfortunate that he recently passed away on March 30, 2005. Here is a link of what claims to be the largest video collection of Mitch's performances on the Internet.

However, I would also ask that you go to the iTunes music store and download his Comedy Central special, which is listed under TV shows. This special can also be found on the above link, but you should have it permanently on your iPod or whatever media device you have. It is undoubtedly the funniest stand-up routine that I HAVE EVER SEEN.

For those that do know who he is, and lesser so, for those that don't, below is a short bit, that is right now, my favorite of his:

"I bought a donut and they gave me a receipt for the donut. I don't need a receipt for the donut - I'll just give you money and you give me the donut. End of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario in which I would need to prove that I bought a donut. Some skeptical friend? "Don’t even act like I didn't buy a donut, I've got the documentation right here. Oh wait, it's back home in the file... under 'D', for donut."

I'd be remiss to not credit my boy Style for introducing me to Mitch on our plane ride to my bachelor party in New Orleans a few weeks ago. It was on Style's video iPod that I first witnessed this PURE comedic genius.

Mitch, you'll live on with us forever and I can only hope that new material of yours continues to appear similar to Tupac and Biggie.

Comments:
who the fuck is style? only three people read this so i have a feeling people do know who he is.
IMO
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?